Home Forums Ride Reports Arai Point

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gerda and I went to do a bit of exploring today. We tried to make it to Ngamotu Island, but it turned out the last bit was on private land, so no luck there. It was a nice little gravel road to get there, so we weren't too upset. We had I nice lunch at Mangawhai and then went on to Arai Point. That's a neat spot, even though we did get quite dusty getting there. I had planned ahead and took a leave out Bwucie's book. I went body surfing. Conditions were perfect and I caught a few good waves. I did get pummeled around a couple of times. My sinuses are still dripping every time I look down :-).DSC02522.jpgDSC02525.jpgDSC02527-1.jpgDSC02526-1.jpgDSC02530-1.jpgDSC02528.jpg

Anonymous

I had planned ahead and took a leave out Bwucie's book. I went body surfing. Conditions were perfect and I caught a few good waves. I did get pummeled around a couple of times.

There are some great beaches along that coast, but also quite good for dumping surf.  Just down the beach a bit at Pakiri I have totalled one of my slalom boats, and one of my surfyaks after getting things ever so slightly wrong.You would have been cooler than my couple of hundy K's around the Waikato with the Hamburgman on the bungee cord.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex Looks a great Bay and others are there that think so too. No shot of yours truly emerging from the surf though, was camera girl dipping in the now comfortable water as well?

Dave Ross

Rule #1 make sure you have the only camera :-).  The water was just right. I hadn't been there before. While I also like endless beaches, I prefer to have a few rocks to crawl over. There is always something to look at in the rock pools.

Dave Morris
    Participant

No pictures of Kokopelli doing a “Borat.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Te Arai, Alex… very popular up our way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.