Home Forums General Discussion AON Insurance News

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

BMWOR members with Aon insurance policies due for renewal after the 1st March 2016 will have recently received a letter from AON insurance. Aon has provided the following as background on the relationship that has developed between Aon and the BMW Owners Register of New Zealand. John Baker Insurance Brokers Ltd (now no longer in existence) sold its business to Aon in 2007, so now over 9 years ago.  Up until this year, the majority of motorcycle insurances have been arranged through Star Underwriting Agency.  The backing underwriter behind Star has for many years been Lumley General Insurance, however, when Lumley was purchased by IAG, Star converted their portfolio to Vero Insurance. In the best interest of our clients, and with BMWOR members in mind, Aon has in conjunction with NZI created a fresh and new policy wording.  The “best of the best” wordings have been combined to provide a market leading policy wording. In the past Aon has been pleased to support the annual rally/AGM with a prize/donation toward this event and we thank you for your reciprocated support by referring new members to us. We are naturally happy to quote existing members not already with us.

Anonymous

For anyone as confuggled about this as I am, the letter will be sent with any renewals after 1 March, so, for instance, I'll get mine next month. Things were a bit shaky to start with during my claim on the eleven-hundy-ess, but that was the Polis and the Accident Office holding up the works. Aon were great once that hurdle was cleared: I will stick with them so I can reap the benefits of being part of the BMWOR Group, despite the 'foreignness' of my ride.

Simon Yates
    Participant

I will remain with Star and insure direct with them in view of the ease in which my last claim was settled. I prefer to deal with a smaller niche insurer plus Star can possibly offer similar terms.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.