Home Forums Rides Calendar Annual Rally Twizel January 2010

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    2010 BMWORAnnual Rally- - - - Twizel - - -

accommodationImg.jpg  bookingsImg.jpg

*please refer to the newsletter for details*

*Please contact the Secretary or Editor for the Interislander Ferry Group Booking Code, this represents a substantial saving*

That’s right!! We’re going to Twizel. Located in the heart of  the South Island, the town of  Twizel is a service and tourist town in  the  Mackenzie  Basin  with a residential population of  approximately 1200 people. At a distance of  68km, is the closest town to Aoraki  Mt  Cook,  the  highest  mountain  in Australasia.Road  riders  will  have  a  ball  with  great highways  surrounding,  and  the  alpine playgrounds of  Ohau and Mt Cook less than an hour’s drive away. GS riders – well, there’s just too many options in all directions. With  open  spaces,  fine  climate,  well- established services, laid-back pace and broad range of  activities we’ll have at the Rally, even if  you’re not riding, you’ll not want to miss it.The High Country Lodge and Backpackers has over 200 beds available (hence the reason we’re  not  booking  the  whole  place  out) ranging from self-contained units, motels and backpacker style rooms. You  do  need  to  secure  accommodation yourself  this time and you must do this prior to 30 June 2009 to guarantee a bed.Don’t worry if  you’ve not made up your mind or don’t like to plan that far ahead, get a bed secured anyway. You are able to cancel any booking up to 6:00pm the day before arrival without penalty.Visit  http://www.highcountrylodge.co.nz  for accommodation options, rates and bookings or phone (03) 435 0671 and staff will help you out.Further details and registration forms for the 2010 Annual Rally are in the newsletter.Credit Card on-line payment will NOT be set for this event.Please fill the registration from in the newsletter and follow the payment advice on the from.Map.jpg High Country Lodge& Backpackers TwizelPO Box 1623 Mackenzie DriveTwizelSouth CanterburyNew ZealandPhone: (+64) 3 435 0671Fax:     (+64) 3 435 0747send us an email info@highcountrylodge.co.nzSchedule of EventsFriday 1stMeet and Greet at the High Country Lodge from 1200Presidents WelcomeMeals available at the local Hotel or local Cafes – at own costSaturday 2ndBreakfast provided by Hotel.  A continental ($10)  and cooked ($14)  option available.  Must be booked and paid for with your registration10am       Gymkhana – prove your motorcycle skills11.30am  Combined Ride for everyone or select your own short ride (details available on registration)6pm         Return to Lodge – freshen up for the evenings entertainment7pm         Concurs Judging – details to come regarding categories8pm         Formal Dinner – raffles, concurs results, dancing, singing etcSunday 3rdBreakfast provided by Hotel.  A continental ($10)  and cooked ($14)  option available.  Must be booked and paid for with your registration10am  Full day rides for both GS and Road bikes.  There will be options  to purchase lunch along the way but GS riders will have fewer options.8pm  Buffet/BBQ provided by the local Rowing Club ($20).  Must be booked and paid for with your registration.  There will be s special presentation this evening.Monday 4thBreakfast provided by Hotel.  A continental ($10)  and cooked ($14)  option available.  Must be booked and paid for with your registrationFinal farewells and safe travels home

Campbell Thomson
    Participant

looks a good spot Alex

Dave Morris
    Participant

looks a good spot Alex

edited and only 5 wordshey Danny can all the Norf Islanders stay the nite at ya shack on the way through

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Can't wait to get on that Fairy, will you be joining us this year Steve?  For any “norf islanders” that feel like a stop over in Reefton we can recommend the Old Nurses Home as an inexpensive but lovely place to stay.  Still much as it must have been way back it is immaculately presented and managed. 

Dave Morris
    Participant

working thru xmas Malcie. Gotta keep the wheels of in-justice moving

Anonymous
    Inactive

Love Twizel!

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Yes Dave a lovely spot.  Ther first time I went to Twizel was to watch my daughter row in the novice eight for Westlake Girls at Ruataniwha.  I left  home on my trusty Kawasaki 750 GT early Thursday morning and arrived at Twizel about 8pm Friday night.  Up early Saturday to watch the finals – partied with the other parents 'tll late and left at the crack of dawn Sunday morning to ride to Picton to catch the late Fairy.  Stayed in Welly overnight and headed for Auckland Monday morning.  One of my very memorable trips especially as the girls came away with a gold medal each.  Of course that was when I could stay awake for more than a couple of hours at a time – no way could I do it now. Humour me now guys (proud dad)  😀  she went back two years later (so did we) and won another gold in the lightweight eight.  We were on the GTR then and the trip coincided with the Ulysses AGM which was also at Twizel.  So I'm looking forward to being there again soon.

Dave Ross

I've been wanting to go there ever since I saw the front page picture on a road map book that was published in 1985. The map is sitting right next to me, but sadly the cover is missing. The picture was titled “Road to Twizel”. Two years ago we cam within 20km of visiting it. This January we should be able to actually get there.

Campbell Thomson
    Participant

sorry Steve but all booked up may have a small spot in cat basket

Xan
    Participant

Just to clarify :There is no Credit Card On-line Payment for the Annual Rally.Please fill the form in the newsletter and follow the payment advice on the from.If you wish to use an on-line payment, you can use your Internet banking to pay directly to the BNZ account.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.