Home Forums General Discussion Annual Rally in Cromwell

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The Rally either hasn't made it onto the calendar yet, or I've missed it. Anyway, is anyone else taking the 6.25pm Interislander on the 4th?

Anonymous

Hasn't made it – my bad.  No excuse other than I totally don't do rallies, so it never crossed my mind.  And, actually, why should it?  There's a bunch of people either going to the rally, or involved in organising it that have access to the calendar via the Area Reps Group....................Bit late to put it up now, if bookings are closed.Dave Oldershaw was liasing groups that wanted to ride together: wellington@bmwor.org.nz

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I am not complaining. I am just surprised that nobody has bothered to put it up. As you've said, plenty of people had the opportunity. I don't want to organize a group ride. I am just curious if we'll bump into anyone from the Register.

Ron McFadzien
    Participant
    Dave Ross
    Keymaster

It doesn't tell me if anyone will be on the 6.25pm ferry on the 4th. That's all I wanted to know, but even that is not terribly important :-). Back to work….

Anonymous

Presumably there will be at least a fella upstairs with a peaked hat, another on the handlebars, and a couple cracking the whip over the galley slaves on the oars in the engine room, you won't be lonely. 8)

Murray
    Participant

It doesn't tell me if anyone will be on the 6.25pm ferry on the 4th. That's all I wanted to know, but even that is not terribly important :-). Back to work....

On the ferry 8:35 am Wednesday 4th Alex. Got a couple of Auckland bods (Peter Z, Richard C and John H) joining me, John G and Stuart C in Picton for a trip around the coast then through Molesworth to overnight Hanmer Springs. Thursday we head out through Pyramid Valley, Lees Valley Road and onto Geraldine for the night. Friday we'll head up over Mt Gay, through Mackenzies and the Hakataramea, maybe Thompson's Track and onto Cromwell. After the Rally on Monday we're heading up the West Coast for a look, overnighting at Westport before heading across to Murchison and back down over the Maruia Saddle for another night at Hanmer on Tuesday. Wednesday we'll up through Rainbow Station to make the ferry back in the evening. Your welcome to join us if and whereever you want.Have a safe and happy Christmas. If you're driving anywhere - TAKE IT EASY! - enjoy whatever celebrations you have planned to see the New Year in and we'll see you in Cromwell.Garry

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

That's quite a nice route. Unfortunately, will miss that, as we'll be pretty much a day behind you. We'll stick to the main roads and head down the West Coast. I am planning on doing the Nevis and/or the Old Dunstan road while I am down there. On the way back we might take in some of the roads you have. I take it they wold have repaired the slip on the Rainbow by then. Have a fantastic trip and we'll see you down there.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Safe riding Garry and all from the nth. Looking forward to our first rally.Dave

Murray
    Participant

Cheers Dave, it'll be good to see you at the Rally.Alex - Justin and I have a plan (sort of) for Rally Sunday excursion, maybe across the Old Man Range again but we're pretty felxible and could be tempted to do the Dunstan if you're keen. I was thinking about a ride to the top of Mt Pisa and over the snow farm to Cardrona but I've not done anything about access yet. Whatever happens we'll have a bit fo fun no doubt. Looking forward to it!To every one else watching - have a great Christmas  8)

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

The Old Man range again? Hmmm, that could be quite good.  I'll be on the 1150, so a lot would depend on how wet it is up there. Those bogs were the biggest time thief. On the other hand, I haven't done the Nevis or the Old Dunstan, so I am a little biased towards that. There is still time to think about it and down there you can't really go wrong. See you in Cromwell...

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I am in the middle of it, and it's a good one. Fantastic venue, lots of people here and we've already done the Thomson's track. We'll do the Old Dunstan tomorrow. The  Nevis will have to wait for another time. Always leave a reason to return. 

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

No need to hurry back Alex, the weather is shit up here so take your time and enjoy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.