Home Forums General Discussion Annual Rally 2014

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Apparently the rally date has been set for the 17-19th of Jan, if I've read this correctly. Unfortunately, this probably means that we'll have to skip this one and we were looking forward to it. We'll still go south, but closer to the New Year.  However, if it's possible to combine this with the Dusty Butt, I might make plans for that. We'll see.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi.Is a location decided upon? I think it is South Island?Thanks Johan

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

It always alternates between the islands. The next one will be in Nelson. For us the timing is inconvenient, but I don't know how others see this. A lot of people take their break later on, and about a quarter of members would be retired anyhow.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

and about a quarter of members would be retired anyhow.

Don't think life ends with retirement Alex we've been at least as busy but with different priorities.  Actually for us the later date will work better because we like to spend the Christmas/New Year days with family who are trapped in the "work" cycle.  However it's Warbirds over Wanaka again next Easter and we had such a good trip last year we may do it all again next.  🙂

Mark
    Participant

Don't forget the AGM will also be at the National rally perhaps time for a name change

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Don't think life ends with retirement

Nope, but you have more options when to go.  As you know, it's not me who can't go.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Don't forget the AGM will also be at the National rally perhaps time for a name change

I had forgotten Darryl but that makes the Warbirds even more attractive.

Anonymous

That in itself could be a good point to raise at the AGM.The Big Club for Bikers Over Forty have always called theirs "The AGM", and it is generally the biggest Ulybod Rally of their year. They have big AGMs (in numbers) as you'd expect with the size of their membership.

Mark
    Participant

Yea I agree Malcomseems silly advertising the National Rally and not the Agm as members will need to book time off for the AGM also.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

A cynic would smile if the dates set for the AGM/NAT RALLY next year are 17/19 Jan, being that Wellington Anniversary day is the 20th January.  ::)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.