Home Forums Rides Calendar AKL Dec.20 Register ride to the Nikau Cafe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

The last ride of the year, and probably my last one as Area Rep. We’ll ride to the Nikau Café in the Waikaretu Valley. This should satisfy gravel riders as well, but don’t worry, you can get in and out on seal. Leaving at 10.30am (not 9.30am) from BP Papakura. map.jpgcafe_1_l.jpgcafe_6_l.jpg

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Lookout for a big black cow near Limstone downs ,He likes to stand behind bushes

Dave Ross

A  He-Cow, is that another name for a bull?

Dave Morris
    Participant

Richard just showing his open minded sexuality.  🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

This looks like a great way to try out the 'new' F650GS. I intend to be there!!!Cheers' Loinsps Anyone interested in how we got on doing 3,800 kms through Northern Thailand a couple of weeks ago?

Anonymous

This looks like a great way to try out the 'new' F650GS. I intend to be there!!!Cheers' Loinsps Anyone interested in how we got on doing 3,800 kms through Northern Thailand a couple of weeks ago?

Of course we are interested: if I don't have the time or money for my own excellent adventures then I will enjoy yours second-hand.

Dave Ross

Yep. that's what the ride report section is for. Not enough people make use of it. Plenty of pictures would be good, too.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Northern Thailand sounds great.  It wasn't the one that my good friend John Samson was on by any chance?

Murray
    Participant

Anyone interested in how we got on doing 3,800 kms through Northern Thailand a couple of weeks ago?

If you've got decent photos and can write a reasonable story Loins, I'm always on the lookout for newsletter material. This forum is a great medium, but only for those who access it. We have a lot of members who would be interested in your trip but prefer to see stuff in print. If you're inclined to share send photos as individual .jpeg files and some text in an email or attached word document to editor@bmwor.org.nzClose off date for the next newsletter issue is Friday 15 Janaury 2010.CheersGarry

Anonymous
    Inactive

We were four: the tour leader an Austrian, 'BJ' who lives there, and two very thirsty Scots lads who I'd never met before. It wasn't with John Samson, Malcolm. And I will put it in print as well for the mag. I do write a bit: worked in Fleet Street and have been doing my own publication for the last 19 years!!CheersLoins

Murray
    Participant

worked in Fleet Street and have been doing my own publication for the last 19 years!!

WTF!! - and I'm the Editor?????

Dave Ross

I was thinking that, but didn't want to offend you  😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bwucie informs me this ride is safe for old nana's like me. Weather permitting I'll throw mum on the back and enjoy the ride and venue.Look forward to meeting you all.Cheers, Alex and Kerry

Dave Ross

Yep, everybody rides their own ride, with the system we run nobody gets left behind, while people can still have fun. It will be a relatively short ride, as most people are pretty busy this time of the year. See you tomorrow.

Dave Ross

Well that was it, my last ride as Area Rep. Thanks to all who turned up and to Bwucie for taking over from now on. Special thanks to Jimmy for shouting us lunch, he is a gentleman. Turns out he is also a demon on the gravel with his DR125, a lot faster than on the K1200S. Richard K. managed to change the route slightly, taking the tail-end Bwucie with him, but still managed to arrive at the destination ahead of everybody else. In fine form he also managed to eat 80% of a Salami Pizza before realizing that it was not the Hawaiian Pizza he had ordered. I think we have a trophy for that somewhere :-).All in all an eventful afternoon. Those who chickened out because it rained in the morning missed out on a good ride.signing off, Ex-Area Rep.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.