Home Forums General Discussion $$$$$ Airheads $$$$$$$

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

has anyone noticed how the Airhead GSers are now selling for more than some of there new Oilhead cousins on Trademe.co.nz http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dual-purpose/auction-224417000.htm    $7800http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dual-purpose/auction-221551788.htm  $7860I wonder why. ??????

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Where can I buy a new Oilhead for $7800?

Dave Morris
    Participant

Where can I buy a new Oilhead for $7800?

ya can get a second hand one for $6500 on trade me

Brian
    Participant

I have one in Maine I will sell you for $5500. Alex. Then you only have to ship one bike!!! It is the same here in the states. Just glad ALL my bikes are airheads. Cheers, Jim

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I'll probably take the black bike, otherwise I won't be able to keep up with Gerda :-).  People are just starting to realize that they aren't making anymore airheads. The good ones will be snapped up. It is still hard to beat an airhead GS for adventure riding purposes. I love riding mine, especially off the beaten track.

aegis4805
    Participant

the Airhead GS's are certainly attracting quite a following.Phreaky Phil of KB community has an especially nice R80GS IMO.I'm just hoping that one day my 1150GS will have the same attraction - in my case I found it too heavy for serious ADV riding and in fact prefer my more nimble DR650 for tricky stuff

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

An R100GS just sold on Trade Me for $8050BMW R100GSPD 1998 54000kmIt's one of the last ones and a nice looking bike.

Dave Morris
    Participant

and did u see who one of the last bidders was.he cant hlphimself. I was talking to him at the time. The bike has gone to a ozzie that works in Fiji. The guy has bid on several bikes and missed out.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Yep, I saw the last bidder, clearly an addict, considering he already has one similar to the one he bid on. For some reason I decided to check on the bike and it turned out to be 6 min. before the end of bidding. It got auto-extended several times.

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Some lucky person in the south Island got a nice bike and a very good buy these bikes are going up in value overseas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.