Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I note that in this months newsletter our AGM is to be held on Saturday 13 October. I was not away that there had been a change to Rule 5 (vii) in our Constitution to move it from the first Saturday in October in any given year. I have no issue with change, but it should be done through due process. Can someone point me to the appropriate issue of the Newsletter that shows this change to be legitimate. I had planned to attend the AGM this year and have kept the first weekend of October free, as you would.Garry

2bjr
    Participant

Mmm…Where can I find the full version of the constitution??ย  I am only finding bits and pieces. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Murray
    Participant

Mmm...Where can I find the full version of the constitution??ย  ย I am only finding bits and pieces. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Did you get a copy when you joined up?

2bjr
    Participant

Find two name badges, blue name/tour book and news letter.ย  Can not find the paper.ย  We joined back in South Africa still.If I did get it back then, is gone now. Notting in my BMWOR file.

Murray
    Participant

Find two name badges, blue name/tour book and news letter.ย  Can not find the paper.ย  We joined back in South Africa still.If I did get it back then, is gone now. Notting in my BMWOR file.

Go here http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms. In the shortcuts on the left, click on "Search other registers". Enter organisation number 970380 and submit search. Details of the Register as an Incoporated Society are then available. The rules as submitted when we incorporated are in the file titled "New Incorporated Society".The Secretary is responsible for submitting annual reports and informing the Companies Office of any rule amendments. The have been two amendments to rules since we incorporated, one in 2001 relating to late payment of membership fees and another in 2003 relating to the terms of executive positions. I note the addition of "30-MAY-2007 13:59:23ย  10053977637ย  Alteration Of Rules" but have no idea what change this is about, there is nothing in last year's AGM minutes that I can see about decisions to change rules.CheersGarryย 

2bjr
    Participant

Thank you.Got it.Your are not so bad as they say in the newspapers. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜‰

2bjr
    Participant

Looks like this was a good question, nobody answered it so far. ๐Ÿ˜€We will not be attending the AGM, because my leave was for the first weekend. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Murray
    Participant

We will not be attending the AGM, because my leave was for the first weekend. ๐Ÿ˜ก

One of the many reasons it was set for the first weekend in October - so people who need to plan that far ahead can.

Murray
    Participant

I note that in this months newsletter our AGM is to be held on Saturday 13 October. I was not away that there had been a change to Rule 5 (vii) in our Constitution to move it from the first Saturday in October in any given year. I have no issue with change, but it should be done through due process. Can someone point me to the appropriate issue of the Newsletter that shows this change to be legitimate. I had planned to attend the AGM this year and have kept the first weekend of October free, as you would.Garry

My mistake. I'm reliably informed that this change, requested by the previous Executive, was advertised and discussed as per the constitution and carried at the 2005 AGM. It will be promulgated in the new Rules sent to all new members from now on. Appears the latest rules amendment registered with the Companies Office May 2007, although somewhat late, relates to this change.CheersGarry

2bjr
    Participant

2005 ๐Ÿ˜•Mmm....... ๐Ÿ˜ก

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.