Home Forums Rides Calendar Adventure Ride to 42nd Traverse and Fishers track

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

hug.gif msn-wink.gifrofl.gif

i really think you should delete these. Patricia Bartlett would not be happy.

She'd turn in her grave 🙂

Dave Morris
    Participant

so did u have to google her name or wot. thought u would not know who she was being a new immigrant.i used to deliver her papers in the 70's on me pushy

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Rode my trail bike out to Woodhill forest today. I thought it would be a good preparation for the 42nd. Most people seem to trailer their bikes.DSC00383.jpgThe Waitemata Motorcycle Club runs regular family days, so I thought I'd give it a go.I went through the beginners track alright. It's a little tight in places but ok. Even managed to keep up with some beginner and probably could have passed that five year old, had I really tried.Since I was still feeling a bit chirpy after that I took on the intermediate/expert loop, but only the short one. I think it's around 5km long, with a lot of trees.Sorry no pics from the difficult bits as it's not a good place to hang about taking pictures. DSC00384.jpgThankfully they had the tree stumps marked red, as I had to keep an eye out for those.DSC00385.jpgI got passed a lot.DSC00387.jpgHaving mirrors on a trail ride helps you to see that you're about to get passed. The did get smacked around a little bit, there are just too many trees standing around. It's the 90 degree turns between two trees that tends to do it.I was pretty puffed at the end and needed a sit down.DSC00390.jpgMy jacket was soaked with sweat, even with all the vents open, wearing only a t-shirt.This was my first trail ride and I managed to upright and never stalled the bike. I did get stuck once. That's when you realize that she's a porky girl under all those pretty curves.I guess I am ready.

Anonymous

AlexCould you email me as I've lost your emailDean

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Would love to be on this ride but starting new job on 28th in Manukau and shiftin back to Auckland that weekend.Enjoy Your ride guys and Peter take care on the Adventure thru the 42nd it will be tough going on the big bike if it gets wet.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Good to see you back in Auckland. I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities for you to go on adventure rides.

Nick Taber
    Participant

... Peter take care on the Adventure thru the 42nd it will be tough going on the big bike if it gets wet.

Good luck with the move.  I learned the hard way how tough the 42nd can be when I went through it with Alex and others several months back.  I was black and blue for weeks from one drop on the way in.  Linda might yet be off to UK to see our younger daughter before she leaves for her first tour in Afghanistan with UK Army.  If she does go, I might have to miss it this time as can't leave youngest on his own. 😕Maybe see y'all on trip to Whangarei tomorrow?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.