Home Forums Rides Calendar Adventure Ride to 42nd Traverse and Fishers track

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The NZ advrider.com guys are organizing a ride to the 42nd and Fishers Track. The ride is on the 26th and 27th. Details are here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486909You should be reasonably fit and your bike shouldn't be overly large. I have booked a room at the Owhango Hotel and a cabin at the Taumarunui Holiday Park. I will be riding my R80GS. This ride is not really suitable for R1150GS's and the like, although it has been done in the past. There are several water crossings and some steep and possibly slippery up and down hill sections. This ride is not suitable for complete adventure rider newbies. I you are interested, post your intentions here and at advrider. You'll need to travel light, panniers and top boxes are not recommended.

Dave Morris
    Participant

I will be riding my R80GS. This ride is not really suitable for R1150GS's and the like,

meow

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I take it that you won't be coming then? Still resting on old laurels?

Anonymous

I'm keen on this ride. I may be able to get a bike trailer Alex and save our tires.

Nick Taber
    Participant

Alex, I note [and understand – I think] your comment about avoiding bigger bikes but I've written a note on the Advrider thread to check the general feeling. I am sure I can't be the only one who has only one bike – and bought it as the best all rounder.ย  I agree it's not ideal for tracks like the 42nd but for me that's all part of the challengeย  ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Dave Morris
    Participant

I'm keen on this ride. I may be able to get a bike trailer Alex and save our tires.

trailer faggotswhat next

Anonymous

trailer faggotswhat next

I have to get the bike back after it kicks me off again ๐Ÿ˜€At least I want get the bike police stopping me and telling me how to ride a motor bike ๐Ÿ™„ Sounds like the cops are going to drop there bikes again due to having too save money. Have we been here before. ๐Ÿ˜ John Banks comes to mind ๐Ÿ™„You could always get a real job :mrgreen:

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I am usually with Steve on the trailer thing, because adventure riding includes getting there on your own bike. However, I am very busy at work and have had a nasty cold for the last three weeks, so I may take your up on that offer. It's still three weeks to go, so things may improve. Steve doesn't need to trailer his bike, it's got nowhere to go.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Alex, I note [and understand - I think] your comment about avoiding bigger bikes but I've written a note on the Advrider thread to check the general feeling. I am sure I can't be the only one who has only one bike - and bought it as the best all rounder.ย  I agree it's not ideal for tracks like the 42nd but for me that's all part of the challengeย  ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

You've been through there before, so you know what's coming. I hope you can come along.

Anonymous

If I was taking the adventure then yes I woould ride it down but the X650 is not fun on the long rides and I don't want to carry any gear on the rides other than the basic adveture gear.I never thought there was so many trains until I camped at the Taumarunui Holiday Park ๐Ÿ™„ Alex can you email me your Taumarunui Hotel dates and I'll book a room.ย 

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I've stayed there before, and managed to sleep through most of them. The worst place I stayed at was a Motel in Plimmerton right next to the train tracks, we should asked for our money back.I've booked a standard cabin at the Holiday Park, it sleeps two as far as I know. I am happy to share. If Haggis is keen to join we could take a larger one.I've also booked a two bunk room at the Owhango Hotel. Bookings are for the 25th at Owhango and the 26th at Taumarunui. Some people will stay for both nights at Taumarunui, but Owhango is closer to the action and the Pub does good meals.

Anonymous

Sounds good I'll bunk in with you. ๐Ÿ˜Ž For Mr Bell that's separate beds ๐Ÿ˜€

Dave Ross
    Keymaster
    Dave Morris
    Participant

hug.gif msn-wink.gifrofl.gif

i really think you should delete these. Patricia Bartlett would not be happy.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Sounds good I'll bunk in with you. ๐Ÿ˜Ž For Mr Bell that's separate beds ๐Ÿ˜€

i and thought u would top and tail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.