Home Forums General Discussion Accomodation

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looks like the new forum is popular. I will certainly consult it before I head off in the future. Thanks for an exclelent idea, micawberism.

clearly the spell check is not being used in this thread.

Dave Ross

Looks like the new forum is popular. I will certainly consult it before I head off in the future. Thanks for an exclelent idea, micawberism.

clearly the spell check is not being used in this thread.

you should feel right at home then 🙂

Robin
    Participant

been away from the site for a week. Accomodation recommendations great idea. Biker freidly is important. i.e. lSecure or out of sight.Country pubs are a great choice. Locals don't get to see BMW's much and they are a talking point. Tikokino SH50 and Te Puia Springs East Cape are two good places; cheap and good (but basic) food.

peter.trub
    Participant

Glad the idea has hit a happy spot and seems to be working  😀 As a thought (knowing its a work in progress) should we keep accomodation – food ideas in there as much as poss. This includes feedback comments pertaining to both. And keep the general talk feedback about rides to and from these places out here or should they be included?I dont want to make things cumbersome but haveing viewed a number of other sites sometimes it becomes hard to find the info through the waffle  😮

Dave Ross

I think it would be a good idea to keep general discussion out of these two forums. Steve has suggested to list by region. But there are probably too many variations anyway.I would recommend listing the name of the town and then within the post the name of the establishment. That way people can add more establishments under the same heading and it would keep the layout clearer. A number of you have already done this anyway and it seems to work better.Existing posts can be edited by the author. I don't like messing with other people's posts without their consent. If you want to discuss a place you can start a new thread or do it here. If you have an alternative view on the same establishment is can go underneath the original post in the relevant forum. Feedback welcome.Alex

Brian
    Participant

I have two for suggestion from recent travels. One was suggested by Alex, on the Horth Island,  the Whangamomona Hotel, which is very bike friendly. And on the South Island, McClean Falls Motel & Holiday Park, which is the Catlins.[ http://www.catlinnz.com ] They too were very biker friendly. Plus great roads, sealed and unsealed in the area. Jim

Dave Ross

Hi Jim,good to see you posting again. I suppose the ride report is not too far off now  :wink:.We have two new sub forums, one for food and the other for accommodation. We can use this thread here to discuss any related items. Could you please post your the suggestions in the above forums, so they don't get lost.Cheers,Alex

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.