Home Forums General Discussion Accessories??????

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It is so good to see that the service is the same through out the world 😕 😕 👿I am using a BMW dealer in South Africa.My old dealer.Some wants to make money and some sit around 😐

Anonymous

I have ordered of them once and that took some time with emails to get them to reply. The last time they never replied and I sent three emails. So now I use BMW Santa Cruz and they have been great.

This what I got back from Santa Cruz - "We regularly send our products throughout the world and we'll be happy to process your order. Our systems however do not allow us to accept international orders through our web site, nor can we accept credit cards as a method of payment for orders shipped outside of North America. If you are a registered PayPal user, we can accept payment in that way, otherwise payment must be carried out by Bank Transfer. If you wish to proceed with an order, please let me know which item(s) you are interested in and which method of payment that you prefer. I will then send you an invoice containing a price quote including shipping charges. We recommend shipping with UPS because of proven reliability and ease of tracking. The cost for a package containing the items you are interested in will cost roughly $210.00 to ship. We can also send it with the mail however I must caution you that if the package is lost or damaged in any way, we can assume no responsibility. There is no mechanism in place to track international shipments with the mail and there's no practical recourse if there's a problem. Chances are excellent that everything will go well. As long as you agree that our responsibility ends with delivering the package to the post office, we can go that route. The cost will be about 1/2 of the UPS charge."This from Motohansa - "We keep some HP2 wunderlich bits, but as there are not many HP2's in Australia so some of the parts are "order in". All parts in A$ incl 10% gst, which we'll remove for export no problem sending to NZ, we charge aussie post + $3 packing and credit card is fine, no problem with Amex but charge 3% extra, Visa is 0%"I went with the Aussies  😀

Try an email to Amy at Santa Cruz with what parts you require. amy@bmwsantacruz.com  I fax my credit card details to her (it costs 1 cent on Telecom 0161). She sends the parcel through the post with full insurance which I am happy to pay as it is cheap. Parcel arrives in 4 days. Amy always replies.

Gary Grossman
    Participant

Do you have to pay import tax here on items? i imported some American Football clothing last year and got stung for the import tax aswell as the tax in the US.

Jim Young
    Participant

If you import anything in you are liable to be charged GST on the item, but this usually depends on the value of the products whether customs  charge you or not.The only time I have been charged was when the items were more than $1000, all other times I have been lucky.if you buy stuff overseas you are not liable for the local taxes so you should ask for them to be deducted when you buy the item and this offsets the cost. ie British VAT is 17.5% so you should have this deducted off the price of the item.

Stuart Burns
    Participant

The full story on GST is that customs will only charge it if the GST bill is more than NZ$50, ie landed cost of package (including postage, insurances etc) exceeds NZ$400. Worth 'massaging' the value to keep below the threshold, until the adjustment gets to the point of hurting the insured value too much!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – try http://www.nippynormans.com in the UK, had success with accessories into South Africa so worth a look for you NZ's.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

I've used Nippy Norman and Motobins in the UK.  😆  Bob's BMW in the US  😆 and Touratech in Germany  :lol:.  All have been reasonable people to deal with and the only time I had to pay GST was on the parcel from Bob's BMW as it came in over the allowed amount for tax.  I have also made a purchase from Southbank  BMW in Melbourne  😆 which was made over the phone and collected by my daughter when she was in town.  All of the people I've dealt with were efficient and friendly.On the other hand I have had some communication with others who are less obliging and show little interest in selling to me.  Needless to say I didn't make any purchases from these dealers.  Some don't even reply to requests for info.  I put this down to the fact that they are busy people and must get many requests for prices etc from overseas that never transmit into sales.  I appreciate this is not the way to do business but it happens.    😥  The trick for me is to shop around a bit, talk to others (these sites are great for this). 

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Have a look at Touratech.co.ukThey have a whole lot of stuff and they do deal with int orders.Dave

2bjr
    Participant

had a look, very nice. Just waiting till my misses gives me more funds 👿 👿

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.