Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 333 total)
  • Author

Hi Phil,thanks for the neat photos. I agree, this could be an interesting book. Unfortunately, I've been stingy with the resolution on most of my photos, but I am sure a number of you have done the right thing. It would be nice take a few month off and go and photograph them all properly as well as do some research on their history. Oh, and thanks for leaving some for the rest of us :-).

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Nice pics.  What is going on up North. 😕 Should move up North, looks like less people 😀

People what are they?????, most or the time we had the roads to ourself.  But if you know where to stop you can still get good coffee like the cafe at Khakiwhich  which is built over the water, you can feed the fish below, not that you want too throw too  much food away, run by two lovely ladies, who know how to cook,  Great.  Sorry no Photos 😡  Phil

2bjr
    Participant

What 😕  Photo's of the shop or the ladies 😉 😉

honeybear.2399
    Participant

What :?  Photo's of the shop or the ladies 😉 😉

Both would have been worth getting the camera out for but, sometimes one has more on their minds.  Like coffee, and the road ahead, yet to be ridden?  Maybe next time,  stay on line. ( do they they have the www on the main land?  Phil

Jim Young
    Participant

This building which I posted a couple of months ago is alas no more.It was bulldosed last Friday to make way for a new commercial building.It was built in 1906 for the Cryer family from where the road gets its name and was evidently not old enough according to the Howick Historical Society to be preserved and moved to the Howick Historical Village.Like the 'Queen' song another one bites the dust.  🙁OldWeatherboardhouses014-1.jpg

Dave Ross

Very clever, wreck them before they're too old. Funny how the stuff they usually replace it with is ugly as sin and doesn't deserve to exist half as long as the building it replaces. I hope someone has put the timber to good use.

2bjr
    Participant

Hey, one must not stand in the way of progress.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

👿

Robin
    Participant

This one is on the Paekakariki Hill Road, not to far from the Battle Hill Farm Forest Park.

Robin
    Participant

Just north of Ashhurst is the ever popular Irish cafe/pub “The Waterford Cafe.” Look to your left (West) to find this building on your way north.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Hey, one must not stand in the way of progress.

No one should lay down??????????????????????

Robin
    Participant

This one is at the top of the Taihape deviation SH 1: Where the intersection to Napier (Gentle Annie) is. I remember it from 30 years ago when it was used as shearer's quarters.

Robin
    Participant

And this is a stone's throw from Pokaka, just a little south between Ohakune and Horopito.

Jim Young
    Participant

Good ones keep them coming  🙂

Robin
    Participant

This thread idea has been on Chromeheads for a while.(BMW Cruisers.) If you are right into the old houses thing, there is some good interesting stuff there.http://www.chromeheads.org/discus/messages/8/180720.html?1174200325

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.