Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 333 total)
  • Author

Well I guess it depends on your interpretation of "abandoned" Alex.  I'm sure the land is owned by someone - but the building sure looks abandoned and uninhabited.  If you think it's stretching the rules a bit you'd better take it out.  😐

Oh no, I am pleased you've posted it. Anyway, there are no real rules. If someone can be bothered to stop and photograph it it's in.I think it is one of the best looking buildings in the thread.

Jim Young
    Participant

This one is in real good nick too but it certainly looked disused.Maybe just used for Shearers also ?OldWeatherboardhouses013-1.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

This one is certainly abandoned, and in fact it is only about 500 meters from where I work in Cryers Road East Tamaki in the middle of a new industrial estate.With the speed that new buildings are going up around there it won't be there for much longer.OldWeatherboardhouses014-1.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

Another viewOldWeatherboardhouses015-1.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

We stopped at Nuhaka on the way to the Rally from Gisborne and I spotted one at the side of the road, then walked round the corner and got two more, easy pickings  😀BMWORRallyNapier2007018.jpgBMWORRallyNapier2007019.jpgBMWORRallyNapier2007021.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

Spotted 3 or 4 more on the way down to Wairoa, but it wasn't practical to stop so made a note to get them on the way back, but of course we went back the inland route via Tiniroto  😆But will get them next time.Spotted the next two just a couple of Kays north of Wairoa where we stopped for a break and to fill up with petrol and I decided to go back and get them by myself as parking wasn't easy.BMWORRallyNapier2007022.jpgBMWORRallyNapier2007023.jpg

Dave Ross

Well done Jim, the collection is growing. I managed to get a few shots up North and will post them in the next couple of days. We'll have to organize a “best of” selection and come up with a prize for the winner. I'll just have to figure out how manage the voting.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Here's one from Storey Rd, Waiuku, with Don Key as the leader of the house.

Jim Young
    Participant

Thats a good one, it adds character when there are animals in the shot.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

You're not suggesting that dear old “Don” is an animal are you Jim?  😀 

Dave Ross

Here is my collection from up north. The first three are between Taipa and Awanui.DSC02836.jpgDSC02837.jpgDSC02838.jpgThe next two are between Whangaroa and Tauranga BayDSC02891.jpgDSC02886.jpgThe next on is in Totara North, it's for sale with the section out front $128000, it's beyond repair.DSC02885.jpgThis one is the old Methodist Church in Mangonui, you'll find it behind the BP.DSC02876.jpgFrom the insideDSC02878.jpgI'e got another one from the side which is quite good, but needs to be uploaded from my laptop.If I get around to it I will zoom in on some them and crop the essentials.

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice ones Alex, I especially like the church one, well spotted.I have some more from the rally trip which I will post over the next few days.

Jim Young
    Participant

This one was spotted at Bridge Pa on the way to have lunch with a few of the rally participants at Selini Vineyard which was reccommended to us by Dave ? who organised the gymkana at the rally and I must admit it was very good.Lynn who was on the back at the time I did a very quick pull up when I spotted it thought I was mad as she hadn't been prepared to suddenly brake for no apparent reason, so I believe a few expletives were expressed !!!!Lucky I had earplugs in  😀BMWORRallyNapier2007031.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

This one was somewhere south of Tokomaru Bay.BMWORRallyNapier2007073.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

While the following pics might be classed as cheating as the buildings are made of concrete and not weatherboard, they are certainly abandoned and this intrigued me.How did such a small settlement come to have two major banks within 20 meters of each other in a small settlement with no obvious signs of old industry ?I know that Tolaga Bay was once a thriving port and Hicks Bay had a freezing works but what created the wealth in Tokomaru Bay ?Can anyone shed any light on the matter ?BMWORRallyNapier2007077.jpgBMWORRallyNapier2007078-1.jpgBMWORRallyNapier2007079.jpgBMWORRallyNapier2007080.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.