Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok “HELP”It obviously didnt work and I have 15 to post so this is what I have done.They are saved in "My Pictures" file in my documents but they are over 1MB each so I emailed them to myself in a smaller format and now the bigest one is 127Kb.I suppose I could just email them to some helpfull person to do, but I should do them myself to learn but this new forum is different to the last time I did it and I also would like to put where they are from (if I can remember!!!)I also believe from one of Aslans previous posts descriptions, that he may have already posted a couple of these but there is no picture that I can open on his posts to see.Jim

Murray
    Participant

Ok "HELP"It obviously didnt work and I have 15 to post so this is what I have done.They are saved in "My Pictures" file in my documents but they are over 1MB each so I emailed them to myself in a smaller format and now the bigest one is 127Kb.I suppose I could just email them to some helpfull person to do, but I should do them myself to learn but this new forum is different to the last time I did it and I also would like to put where they are from (if I can remember!!!)I also believe from one of Aslans previous posts descriptions, that he may have already posted a couple of these but there is no picture that I can open on his posts to see.Jim

Jim, there's two ways to post pictures here as I understand it, no doubt I will be corrected if I'm wrong (and may learn something new). The easiest way is to post as an attachement - but file sizes are a problem, i.e. if you save a picture to your C: drive and the size is too big then the attachement won't work. Most people would have a program that can resize photos to the 128 KM maximum required though. The other downside is that there is a limit to 4 photos you can attach at any one time.The other way is to open an internet account to manage your photo, pretty much an on-line photo album. I like photobucket because it's free and reasonably easy to use. There are better accounts like Smugmug, where resoloution might be better etc., but for posting photos I take am fine with what I get from Photobucket. This way you can just copy the URL address of each photo straight into the text box here at BMWOR, as many as you like. With Photbucket you can sdave pictures as Thumbnails or avatars or suitable for 15' screen or for the purpose of posting on sites like this, all the options are there. So, you can post as many as you want, surrounded by text that you want, all sorts of good things. Have a look at http://www.photobucket.com if you're interested.If none of this floats your boat, email pictures with breif description to me and I'll post them for you.Cheers,Garry

Anonymous

Ok "HELP"It obviously didnt work and I have 15 to post so this is what I have done.They are saved in "My Pictures" file in my documents but they are over 1MB each so I emailed them to myself in a smaller format and now the bigest one is 127Kb.I suppose I could just email them to some helpfull person to do, but I should do them myself to learn but this new forum is different to the last time I did it and I also would like to put where they are from (if I can remember!!!)I also believe from one of Aslans previous posts descriptions, that he may have already posted a couple of these but there is no picture that I can open on his posts to see.Jim

Posting photos is the same as the last forum. I agree with Garry use Photo Bucket its easy and will not take up down load space on this forum. The best part it is free.Under each photo on photo bucket there's the following box's Url Tag & Img. I use Control & C key to copy the Img box and Control & V key to paste  to the forum. You can add as many photos as you like.

Jim Young
    Participant

Thanks Guys,Figured out how to get them into Photobucket, and went to put one on here but it is still 1.2MBHow do I resize them to a maximun of 128Kb so they can fit on the site ?

Anonymous

Jim,If you use MS Office you may find MS Photo Edotor lurking somewhere in your system, which will resize your pix one at a time.If you want to batch convert, there are a lot of freeware apps on the net you could grab to do it: Irfanview will, but I have had to club Irfanview around the ears before today, so I prefer to use Fast Stone Image Viewer, free from http://www.faststone.org. (It is a small download, about 4Mb from memory.)

Dave Ross

(It is a small download, about 4Mb from memory.)

How times have changed :-). Garry has suggested to put up a sticky on how to post pictures. I'll compile your suggestions and then shift the posts to the new thread, if you guys don't mind.

Jim Young
    Participant

Thanks Alex,Last night I got as far as being able to put them into photobucket, added some comments, then resized them and copied and pasted them to the IMG box in the forum.But when I posted them nothing happened  😕  by this time it was well into today so I gave it up and will try tonight.remember I am still using an abacus to count and may move onto trying a slide rule in a few years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murray
    Participant

Thanks Alex,Last night I got as far as being able to put them into photobucket, added some comments, then resized them and copied and pasted them to the IMG box in the forum.But when I posted them nothing happened  :?  by this time it was well into today so I gave it up and will try tonight.remember I am still using an abacus to count and may move onto trying a slide rule in a few years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure it's the IMG Code you cut and paste into the text box on this forum. Another good feature of Photobucket is that it sizes your photos automatically when you upload them.Cheers,Garry

Anonymous

Thanks Alex,Last night I got as far as being able to put them into photobucket, added some comments, then resized them and copied and pasted them to the IMG box in the forum.But when I posted them nothing happened  :?  by this time it was well into today so I gave it up and will try tonight.remember I am still using an abacus to count and may move onto trying a slide rule in a few years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just paste the photos into your ride review text . Don't use the IMG box. Photo bucket have up dated there site. All you do now is click on the IMG box and it will copy to your computer then hit Control then the letter V KEY. This will copy the photo into your text.

Jim Young
    Participant
    Jim Young
    Participant

Yahoo, success at last, problem is now remembering where they all were !!!!!!!!!!OldWeatherboardhouses002.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

Old Railway Station at MangapehiOldWeatherboardhouses003-1.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

This one I believe is somewhere on the Kopaki to Aratoro Road.OldWeatherboardhouses004-1.jpg

Jim Young
    Participant

Sorry Guys but I feel that I have put you wrong about where the last pic was taken.Ive checked the time on the photo and now think the last one and the one below was either somewhere on the Pahiatua track or on the Palmerston North to Woodville Road  Sorrrrry.OldWeatherboardhouses005-1.jpg

Dave Ross

Yahoo, success at last, problem is now remembering where they all were !!!!!!!!!!OldWeatherboardhouses002.jpg

This one has already been submitted by me 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.