Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Participant

it's in Piriaka, bell boy.

wheres that. no such name. 

Dave Ross

Here

Dave Morris
    Participant

Here

nothing on smaps which usually has it. at least i was right. now we need some pics of those nice places at Waimiha and Mokai

peter.trub
    Participant

DSCF0023.jpgDSCF0010-1.jpgDSCF0012-1.jpgNot much left of the first house so I am not sure if it was weatherboard. It is on the WaitaangasNext two are Ohura. The main Street counts  😀 as the entire town centre was abandoned after the last flood

peter.trub
    Participant

DSCF0009.jpgI seem to be a bit late finding these houses  😀 There must have been quite a stately mansion here once to require two such substantial fireplaces. It is at the end of the Rawhitiroa Rd and is an awesome gravel rd for 19kms. Prior to that its is a narrow very winding single lane Rd. Well worth the ride  😀

Dave Ross

I thought this might end up here :-). I keep seeing these places, but don't carry a camera often enough.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

On Manawahe Rd. Probably shearers' quarters, as it's right next door to a weatherboard woolshed that looks almost as abandoned.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

On Pah Rd. Although judging by the curtain and the chair, and a car parked nearby, it may not be completely abandoned.

Dave Ross

I am amazed how you keep finding these places. These guys are probably waiting for their leaky home claim to come through.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

I am amazed how you keep finding these places.

First. Don't be in a hurry to get from A to B. Second. Ride any road you come past that you haven't ridden before. Even if it's a no exit road.This one looks like a disused sawmill. On Matahui Rd.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Just off SH2 in Rangiuru.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

SH30 at Rotoiti.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Found 3 abandoned houses on one short, no-exit road. Lichenstein Road.This one was probably a shearer's cottage, as there is a large woolshed nearby.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Next one is somewhat larger.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

There's not much left of the third one. Two large chimneys, a concrete stairway, a water tank, and bits of the foundations.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.