Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On Manoeka Rd.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

This one is set well back from Welcome Bay Rd. Needs a more powerful telephoto lens to get a good shot.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

On Oropi Rd. It's unusual today to see the corrugated iron chimneys that were quite common on old huts. The building on the left still has the chimney intact.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

A small one on Mangatoi Road.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

This one, just off SH29 near the Kaimai summit, was probably abandoned a few years ago. The chimney remains as the only evidence that a house once stood on this site. No trees. No level ground. Nothing but grass all around.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

This one, just off SH29 near the Kaimai summit, was probably abandoned a few years ago. The chimney remains as the only evidence that a house once stood on this site. No trees. No level ground. Nothing but grass all around.

Thats my out door fire place!!!!!  Join me some time for a BBQ ?  Phil

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Oh so wrong.Clearly this fireplace was built by a bricklayer who was on a tenting holiday. He built this fireplace because the local govt had banned open fires.Tee hee. 👿

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope this is not cheating!  The pix was taken circa 1957 soon after our arrival in NZ to take up employment with the BNZ.  The building was abandoned long ago..

Arne Rohde
    Participant

There's not too much left of this one on Old Coach Road.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Wairakau Rd. It's a woolshed, but it's weatherboard, and it looks abandoned.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Another abandoned weatherboard woolshed. SH29 at the foot of the Kaimais on the Waikato side.

Dave Morris
    Participant

That reminds me, I still haven't posted this one.DSC06606.jpg

kokonutwheres this one. king country somewhere

Dave Ross

it's in Piriaka, bell boy.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

This one on Maniatutu Rd looks like an old school building.

peter.trub
    Participant

That reminds me, I still haven't posted this one.DSC06606.jpg

kokonutwheres this one. king country somewhere

This one always amazes me everytime I drive past it. It is not actually abandoned yet. Paint and sweat must come at a high price  😮

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.