Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have been watching that house for years; I am now expecting it to topple in the next storm. There was a car (perhaps a Chevy Fleetmaster) on the North (blind) side.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Too more to add to list  One on the Gordonton  Road out from Hamilton.  The other on a side road at Tahuna. DSCN0738.jpgDSCN0734.jpg

honeybear.2399
    Participant

A collage of some of the old buildings I have photographed in the last year or so  Philcollage4_Untitled_Page1.jpg

Dave Ross

Thanks for making this up, it looks great.

Xan
    Participant

This one is taken in Tram Valley Road in 1955/56 when I used to live there. I suppose its all gone by now, but if it still stands, or the remains of it, I would be ever so grateful for a photo. It can't be very far from Swanson as we used to walk to school. Right hand side of the road , seen from Swanson.

Hi Svein,I went to the Waitakere Ranges with my partner for bush walking today.So, we drove past Tram Valley Road to take some pictures for you  🙂Image401.jpgTram Valley RoadImage402.jpgLooking at railway from Tram Valley RoadImage408.jpgLooking down Swanson from Tram Valley RoadI printed your photo of the house to take with me but we couldn't find any house that looks like it. I took photos of three houses (No. 11, 15 and 17) on Tram Valley road.It is hard to see the houses because I couldn't take good pictures of the houses without intruding into their private property  🙁Image404.jpgThe house at No.11Image405.jpgThe house at No.15Image407.jpgThe house at No.17There wasn't any house at No.13. May be the number was not used for superstitious reason? There are several houses at the end of Tram Valley road but I couldn't see any houses without driving up the private drive ways.I also took some pictures of Swanson township.Image410.jpgSwanson school Image411.jpgSwanson shops next to the schoolImage409.jpgSwanson shops opposite to the schoolSwanson railway station has upgraded significantly in last few years and the railway station is opened as a cafe.  The railway station was moved there from Glen Eden about a decade ago. The cafe was closed today for the New Years day.Image412.jpgSwanson railway stationImage414.jpgSwanson railway station building (also the cafe)The railway is now double track, or almost as the second track is under construction and the double track stops at the Swanson railway station for now, as the photo shows.Image413.jpgSwanson railways (double track!)Image416.jpgSwanson railway (the end of the double track)

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Great Photos but where are the Abandoned weatherboard buildings Have a enjoyable 2008 Phil 👿

Tony Russell
    Participant

Hi NekoThank you ever so much for the photos from Tram Valley Road. I must admit that I didn't recognise anything at all, but since I was a mere 8 years old when we left for Norway, I guess I shouldn't expect to, either. Did notice the road had tarmac - used to be loose surface.Anyway, it was ever so decent to go to the trouble of getting the photos for me and I am sincerely grateful, particularly since it is most unlikely that I'll ever see again with my own eyes.  Oh yes, if the avatar shows your cat, you're also a man of good taste - that cat looks exactly like mine.... 😆PhilThe buildings in the pictures are abandoned weatherboard buildings........... they just don't know it yet  😀

Xan
    Participant

Hi Svein,You are welcome  🙂I know Swanson since 1991 and even since then, it changed lots.I think that the whole of Auckland has dramatically changed in the last 15 years.There are still many paddocks along Tram Valley Road but I saw that many town houses and terrace houses were built along the rail way in Ranui. The backyard of those houses face to the railway with just a wire fence between their backyard and the rail way.You can come to NZ and see where you spent your childhood.I understand that it may be a long way but if you come here in January, February, you can escape from your freeing weather and throughly enjoy summary weather and riding in NZ  😆

Robin
    Participant

Just out of Fairlie near Kimball are these two:

Robin
    Participant

West Coast between Hari Hari and Hokitika:

Dave Ross

Got a few this time, can't remember where most of them are, but I must have seen at least three times as many. Got to have a reason to come backNear DunedinDSC06041.jpgSomewhere in the CatlinsDSC06012.jpgNear BluffDSC06009.jpgNear InvercargillDSC05977.jpgSomewhere SouthDSC05976.jpgNear QueenstownDSC05858.jpgDSC05866.jpgLogan TownDSC05876.jpgNear TaumarunuiDSC06183.jpgDSC06184.jpg

Robin
    Participant

The 'somewhere south' looks interesting! I'd say an old country school. Great collection Alex; the rally certainly has filled this folder.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

In a prime location at Okere Falls

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Somewhere near Okoroire. May already have been posted.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Two on Waitao Rd. Not visible from the road, so apologies for the quality.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.