Home Forums General Discussion Abandoned weatherboard buildings -Post them here-

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 333 total)
  • Author

And here is a photo taken of the house I live in now from the late 1940's. Looked abandoned then. Jim

I can't believe that this is the same house you are living in now. You have doen a fantastic job doing it up.

Brian
    Participant

We did put new roof on last year.and a new pump in the well last week. And I did redo all the electrical, plumbing,siding, and reglazed [puttied] the wooden sashes. And after 20 plus years I am still at it. Until the roads are free of the salt scourge!! Bad practice here in New England we have here to rid the ice and snow.

2bjr
    Participant

Back to the subject. 👿 This one in Bluff.

2bjr
    Participant

Just before Gore.

Dave Ross

Our man in the South coming through :-). Good finds. Leave some for Gerda and I when we got to the Annual Rally next year.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

An old church just outside of Lawrence in the south island.  Note “Saint Phillip” standing in the window  Phil  :lol:[img][/img]

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice one Phil, I like the “Saintly” touch

Robin
    Participant

Gosh, those last 3 photos are gems. Tharon, shoulda chain sawed the Give Way sign! (No, on second thoughts, you might end up in jail!) The Gore house reminds me of one I took near Marton and the Church should have been restored adapted and lived in.I'a away this weekend travelling; will keep an eye out. 

2bjr
    Participant

Ye, end up in my own facility 😀 😀Nice ones down here, but not much post boxes.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

[img]http://Yet another one from the Coromandel area, just 5 k's out from Thames,on coast road,I must have driven or ridden past it a hundred time and never saw it till today. Or I should say my wife did Ill give her some extra browne points for that.[/img]   

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Sorry the last post of mine should have had this text, with it, not sure what went wrong  Phil"Yet another one from the Coromandel area, just 5 k's out from Thames,on coast road,I must have driven or ridden past it a hundred time and never saw it till today. Or I should say my wife did.

Ill give her some extra browne points for that"

honeybear.2399
    Participant

One more from the Coromandel, I'm sure that someone is putting them up over night. they just keep poping up, all over the place.  Phil :roll:[img][/img]

Jim Young
    Participant

You are right Phil, we have all passed hundreds of these buildings but have never noticed them until Alex started this thread.The worst thing is when you have just passed a line of traffic after waiting for a while to pass and then you see one !!!!!!Then it's decision time, stop or get it next time.

Robin
    Participant

South of Hastings is a small Maori settlement called Te Hauke. I have seen these houses many times and seen them slowly deteriate. Captured before they are lost.This one looks about 1930's style:

Robin
    Participant

And the neighbouring house is a really old colonial cottage:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.