Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

There is another fan too but he is in denial Mr Bell

Could very well be. He probably thinks that it's way overpriced for what it is. If you want the cutting edge of technology you have to bleed a little bit financially. I still think that a nice 250 is all you need for trail riding. Most adventure rides seem to cater for the larger bikes. I make the distinction between trail ride and adventure ride on how you got to the ride. If the bike was on a trailer it's not an adventure ride. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be fun.

On a lot of trail rides the bikes still have to be road legal. The 450 is the only racing bike that is road legal and I'll be riding it to many events. The bike I really enjoyed was the Suzuki 125tm this had a load of power once the power band came in.I'm not sure when the 450 will be here as I was told I would be on the second delivery. I don't need it until summer.

Dave Morris
    Participant

ordered a sheepskin seat cover

Anonymous

ordered a sheepskin seat cover

Heated seat and grips would be good 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you SURE it's the only racing bike that's road legal?  Or is it a road legal bike that can be raced?141_0607_02_z+2007_aprilia_rxv_450_&_550+side_body_shot.jpgHusqvarna_TE-450_2007_04_1024x768.jpg450_exc_racing.jpgFE450_re.jpg

Anonymous

Are you SURE it's the only racing bike that's road legal?  Or is it a road legal bike that can be raced?

I forgot to add and fully complies with air emissions 😀

Dave Morris
    Participant

hey dave. none of those bikes are road legal. no rear vison mirror. some of im misiing chain guard, aso indicator :-os

Anonymous

hey dave. none of those bikes are road legal. no rear vison mirror. some of im misiing chain guard, aso indicator :-os

Thanks for the help mate. A true friend 😆This is the only two photos I can find showing part of the miror and mounts336246456_Q6F5y-L-1.jpg336245693_HdAQU-L.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just because the mirrors aren't on the bikes don't mean they're not road legal bikes.The Aprillia 450 is.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dual-purpose/auction-167031186.htmAnd its a nice looking bike too. It also has the nice little indicators like the BMW. They all have chain guards except the Husky.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Des, but they were just fishing.  Hooked in!So the BMW is the only racing bike that's road legal, that complies with emissions standards (in Europe), that is available in White.VERY exclusive! 

Anonymous

Thanks Des, but they were just fishing.  Hooked in!So the BMW is the only racing bike that's road legal, that complies with emissions standards (in Europe), that is available in White.VERY exclusive! 

The 450 could be in trouble as well, as it has no chain guard. I should have added there was no Japanese racing bikes which are road legal. 🙄

Jim Young
    Participant

What do you mean by “Racing Bikes”, to my mind you can race what you like and as for road legal Japanese enduro or trail type bikes what about the Suzuki DRZ series, Yamaha WF, Honda XR, Kawasaki KLX, etc etc. and all about half the price of a 450 beema and have been going for years and reliable as well.

Anonymous

What do you mean by "Racing Bikes", to my mind you can race what you like and as for road legal Japanese enduro or trail type bikes what about the Suzuki DRZ series, Yamaha WF, Honda XR, Kawasaki KLX, etc etc. and all about half the price of a 450 beema and have been going for years and reliable as well.

The subject was 450If you follow the BMW 450 racing you will be more informed of the bike and the type of racing these bike are. I 'm not generalizing I'm talking about one type of bike, and the price may be less or the same as the KTM. What do you meam more reliable. All  the race bikes I have seen have just as many problems. The 450 is a new bike so may be it should have more problems than the others.The KLX 450R is not road legal  http://www.kawasaki.co.nz/media/pdfs/KLX450A8F.pdfThe RRP * $10,995.00 this is not half the price of the bmw 450. The BMW 450 may be between 13k - 15k   

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, summing up:The G450X is the ONLY non-Japanese, emissions-compliant, road-legal racing bike (with aftermarket chainguard fitted), available in white, which may or may not have the same problems that other racing bikes have, that's not quite double the cost of some other bikes that aren't 450s.The BMW wins again!And we're using the term "available" loosely, aren't we!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I ride a 450 Beta which is fully road compliant and is a full on enduro race bike  and only cost me $11000.00.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The comparison obviously excludes your bike as well.The BMW wins again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.