Home Forums Ride Reports 42nd Traverse

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well done those guys  😎

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. We all had a lot of fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found this link with a bit more informationn on the other tracks in the area. In hindsight we should have checked in at National Park and other surrounding information centres for more info on rides in the area.http://www.the-park.co.nz/trails/Cheers

Steve Applegath
    Participant

nice one boys… and all done without a “site specific safety plan”… thats what i call living!!!

Dave Ross

I found this link with a bit more informationn on the other tracks in the area. In hindsight we should have checked in at National Park and other surrounding information centres for more info on rides in the area.http://www.the-park.co.nz/trails/Cheers

Good find Des.

Dave Ross

nice one boys... and all done without a "site specific safety plan"... thats what i call living!!!

We had a first aid kit, and Willy at the Pub knew where we went. What could have gone wrong with a back up like that?  😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice one boys... and all done without a "site specific safety plan"... thats what i call living!!!

We had a first aid kit, and Willy at the Pub knew where we went. What could have gone wrong with a back up like that?  😀

Willie drinking till the early hours of the morning is what could have gone wrong. He's so laid back we could have not turned up at all and he'd probably have been fine. On a more serious note a great guy, great food, a great place to stay and generally a great place to park the bikes safely.And I haven't spoken with Richard yet but judging by the fact that he only passed me at Papakura I would say he was re-united with his boots much later than he thought. He was expecting Willie to turn up at the pub to open at 10am, but it's Owhango, Sunday, and Willie has been known to wander in a little late.The moral is never leave your boots with the liqour and expect to retrieve them when the pub is closed. (Of course none of the four of us thought of that as we left the bar, and Richard's boots by the fire, as we went off to bed.) At least his boots were warm for the night and dry when he got them. Willie must have had a good laugh over that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guysI noticed this post on kiwibiker. They guy had come in the right way round and bailed at the water crossing. Seemed like a good decision. But he then had to ride up the rock wall that we had fun at. It seems from his post that the rock wall left some battle scars behind.http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=83828

Dave Ross

Bravery in numbers. I would not have attempted this on my own. Probably not even a good idea on a mountain bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.