Home Forums Ride Reports 20012 New Years Day ride !!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Well despite the the fact that  nearly everyone decided to have a duvet day I must say that my decision to blow out the cobwebs from Binky and use up some of the planets oil recources turned out to be a good one !So in the true tradition of all for one and one for all the three muskateers set off with Bwucies blessing of "Keep the shiny side up" while our bikeless hero took his other half for some retail therapy in the cage.I'm afraid James, Dave and Campbell doesn't sound half as romantic as Athos,Pothos and Aramis and there was definatley no swashbuckling en-route but we watched one anothers backs and kept one another in our mirrors all the way up the old north road up to Wellsford for a nice coffee break at the Pepper  cafe.After coffee Cambell headed back south on his Repsol Rocket and James led me over the Matakana Valley road through the twistys with a bit of gravel and a land slip thrown in for good measure and on to Warkworth where we parted as he went left to feed the blackbird with some more go go juice.I had a nice tootle down state highway one afterwards, and dropped in at the Red Barrons love nest in Orewa for another coffee where we were joined later by team Foley in their cage........once again Binky was the only BMW on the run but what the heck it's the company that matters every time.Thanks to James for leading the way, thanks to Campbell for saving me from losing the contents of my top box as the lid opened up to say hello to him !All in all a very pleasant day out without any drama.Topped off by the fact that the Sunday roast was cooked by my son -in-law, after which  The Luggage and I made a return visit to Orewa in the cage, to check out the newly re-opened Muldoons for a couple of Kilkennys with the Red Barron and his better half....leaving them to walk back hand in hand to their little love nest by the sea....ah what a lovely sight that was....RegardsRincewind.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.