Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk 1200gsa headlight upgrade.replacement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi , I was wondering if someone out there  had replaced the origional headlight bulb with a upgraded bulb.My one has blown and before I buy a replacement I  would like to see if I can improve the light buy a different (higher output ) replacement.Any info and details would be greatly appreciated. ZCan I do with the canbus system?Cheers Phil

Alex ANDREWS
    Participant

Hi thereI left a message about better lighting systems for my GS650 in the hope that someone would have some advice. Nothing forthcoming so I went ahead and ordered a xenon bulb from Sierra BMw in the USA. I figured this was a lot cheaper than fitting spots - it comes with all fitting instructions including the ballast to stop the drain on the battery. According to the blurb the bulb will be three times brighter than the one that comes on the bike and it'll have a wider spread.Landed it's going to cost around $300 but it's cheaper than a Touratech spotlight system at $600-700 per spot. I can let you know what it's like once I get it and fit it. I'm doing the Rusty Nuts Grand Challenge so I hope it arrives before then.Here's the link: http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/1-off-hid-headlight-kit-p-2495.html?osCsid=043da5276a4126bd1fa5e7bc9c057f11CheersSkinny

Murray
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The thread suggesting Navra +50s is good. I have fitted them in their  H7 & h11 versions for my high and low beams in the K1200rs. A true general  50% improvement same wattage so no legal problems. And as mentioned no excess heat therefore no lens or 'Glass" melting. easy pezzy.

jwglimited
    Participant

Thankyou guys for replying, I have done the  replacement with higher output but same wattage.Always appreciate the advice comments.cheers againPhil b

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.